Mitch Nichols • September 23, 2021
Advantages of Moldex3D for mold flow
Many injection molders will tell their customers that they provide DFM, mold flow and other solutions to optimize product and tool design. But not all solutions and resources are equal. AdvancTEK explored the various software tools available on the market and determined that MoldEx 3D offered the best solution to align with our scientific molding and process driven manufacturing strategy.
“Moldex3D is the world-leading CAE product for the plastic injection molding industry. With the best-in-class analysis technology, Moldex3D can help you carry out in-depth simulation of the widest range of injection molding processes and to optimize product designs and manufacturability. In addition, its high compatibility and adaptability have provided users with an instant connection to mainstream CAD systems, generating a flexible simulation-driven design platform.”
There were some challenges surrounding AdvancTEK’s molding process before we used Moldex3D – What will the fill time be? Can our press generate the needed sprue pressure? How much clamp force will we need? To strengthen our tooling project management, AdvancTEK decided to look at Moldex3D’s solutions that can help provide greater confidence prior to actual manufacturing.
- Gate location optimization
- Determine the appropriate coolant temperature
- Optimize tool design to limit shrink, warp, and voids
- Define the best cooling and cycle times
- Reduces product development cycle time
- Identifies possible defects and find opportunities for design optimization
- Improve part quality, reduce scrap and improve yields
- High-precision predictive analysis to identify possible shrinkage and warpage
- Fast calculation that can process millions of elements in mere minutes.
- Plan mold insert locations, steel safe considerations
- Superior meshing practices through both Boundary Layer & Hybrid for improved optical estimation.
- Speed of analysis for simple molded components
How has AdvancTEK leveraged MoldEx:
- Perform baseline analyses through process validation.
- Determine Hot spots in the part, cooling line optimization, and gate size optimization
- Improved accuracy of quoted cycle time
- Validation of AdvancTEK’s mold design & build capabilities
AdvancTEK utilizes multiple design and process prediction software such as Moldex 3D. Additionally, we are capable of translating and working with the following Data Formats: Unigraphics, Solidworks, Parasolid, .SAT, .DXF, IGES, STEP, Pro/E or AutoCAD .DWG files.
If you have a new project that requires Engineering and Technical Support, contact us today to learn more. We are problem solvers and We Find a Way!
Interested in learning more about how AdvancTEK can help you?
Article written by Mitch Nichols- Director of Business Development.