REACTION INJECTION MOLDING (RIM)
Reaction Injection Molding (RIM) is what we do. From luxurious, soft-touch interior components to durable, high-impact exterior components, AdvancTEK's five unique RIM systems are tunable to for most any polyurethane composite application. With decades of RIM experience, we have partnered with a wide range of industries to help them bring their RIM project to reality.
What is Reaction Injection Molding?
Two components are mixed together, injected under high pressure into a mold, the polymer expands to fill the cavity of the mold, and cures to create a finished product designed for use in a wide range of applications. Material characteristics can be custom tuned for a wide range of applications RIM offers much of the same design flexibility as injection molding, but it requires significantly less tooling investment.
- Excellent Acoustic Properties
- Excellent Thermal Properties
- Tunable (Density & Thickness)
- B-Side Features & Insert Encapsulation
- Lower Tooling Investment than Injection Molding
- Endlessly tunable chemistry: Soft-touch to rigid, high-impact characteristics
5 custom RIM systems
○ Vinyl-Clad Rigid (VCR)
○ Microcellular Urethane (MCU)
○ Structural Rigid
○ Solid Elastomeric Urethane
- Large, lightweight parts
- Complete design freedom
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Excellent thermal stability
- Rapid prototyping capabilities
- Tunable physical properties